Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Cheer

This year at Paris Orthotics it was decided to spend a little less on our own Xmas party and spread the wealth to those a little less fortunate. Staff were given the option to select their own charity and write up a little proposal about the organization. I think about 15 organizations were brought forward and due to the generosity of the company all of the proposals were granted. Paris donated to my fundraiser and I am extremely grateful. It's nice to see the big companies give back to the community. Sometimes less is more. Less of an extravagant holiday party for the staff means a better life for many other people that may not have the same opportunities. Christmas shouldn't be about the materialistic things, it should be about spending time with friends and family. Yes it is nice to get an amazing present, but I treasure being with my family and sharing a delicious meal. You can't put a price on that.

There are so many not-for-profit organizations out there that help the less fortunate especially around the holidays, but these people exist all year long. Thank you everyone who supports me in my cause and all the other charities out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment