Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crunch Time

The school semester is about to start up and that means more studying, less free time, better time management and a whole lot of unnecessary stress.

Since the beginning of December when I first decided to do this ride I was working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. So I had my evenings and weekends free to do whatever I pleased. I decided to be proactive knowing that this school semester was coming. I have done a lot of planning, organizing and researching things for this ride over the last month. I planned my first pub night, did some research into other pubs for future pub nights, and researched how pub nights usually run and what happens at them. I started planning my end of funding, moving money around accounts, and plan how much I need to work to pay rent, buy groceries and save for my time in Europe. I researched the easiest and cheapest way to get t-shirts made, sketched the beginning of my logo, organized sponsors, met up with my t-shirt designer to discuss details, and decided on t-shirt and graphic colors. I researched a bunch of other potential fundraisers and talked to so many people about their experiences with fundraising and their travels to Europe. I have done the bike shopping, researched the gear, planned what I need to buy, and have already made a few purchases.

Training is still a bit of an issue. First, I have to meet up with Mike at the Peak Center for Human Performance to set up my training program. Second, I have to find time to schedule in training time. This is where my time management skill will hopefully come through for me. School, work, soccer, study time, training, and sleep are all the necessities. Plus time to just relax, wind down and to socialize with friends and family.

I am hoping all of my work in December will pay off in the next few months as time will now be very limited.

My t-shirt are very close to being sent off to the printers and the countdown until the first day of the trip will officially begin January 18 which will mark 150 days until June 19. It's strange how that worked out. The day of my pub night marks exactly 150 days until my journey in Amsterdam begins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment