Friday, May 20, 2011

Packing List

I have been finishing off the shopping for my trip. I have a few small things left to pick up like rain pants, shoe covers, buy some euros, and get a power adapter. I still have a few decisions to make on amount of extra clothing and footwear I want to take/have room for. The amount of cash I want to carry with me. So many minor details that I need to take care of in the next few weeks. June is coming faster and faster.

I have picked up in training and now that I have bought new panniers I will begin to add weight to my training sessions. I also now have a new training buddy which will make my training more enjoyable.

I have picked up a few lonely planet books from the library and will begin reading them over the next couple of days to see what kinds of things I want to see in Amsterdam and Budapest, and also what types of things I should expect to see while Europe.

Last weekend, I was at Metrotown for a the ride-a-thon supporting the Pacific Coast Riders that leave in two weeks on their trip. I rode for maybe two hours on bikes that were too big where I could barely reach the pedal when it was at its lowest point. Highlight of the day was when an older gentlemen was flirting with one of the guy riders...

No comments:

Post a Comment