Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Minor Details

So much can be accomplished if you just put your mind to it. This past weekend a lot of biking and bike maintenance ideas were going through my mind, and to no surprise my mind wanders and then starts thinking about what I still need to buy to pack and then I start thinking about how awesome my pictures are going to be and how I'll be carrying 20Gb of memory space and then in one of the many bike stores I was in this weekend, a helmet cam caught my attention. Yowza those things are expensive. I've already spend way more money on this trip than I originally planned on, but oh well, it's kind of a once in a lifetime trip, so I have been able to justify every cent I have spent so far. Anyways back to this helmet cam, it is not nearly as fancy nor does it look as good as ones you can buy in the but I believe it will serve it purpose and it cost me next to nothing. Simple yet effective. I should probably have taken off the sticker that is still on my camera but oh well. 

So for the next 21 days, I will spend my free time training and tying up all the lose ends. I still need to lock down to more nights of accomadations, one in the Netherlands and one in Germany. I need to buy rain gear and I need to phone my airline to see if there is a cheaper way to ship my bike to Europe. Just a few minor details to take care of. As I get closer to departure the excitement raises and the nervousness is pushed aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment