Sunday, May 29, 2011

My First Tire Change

Rating: 6 out of 10

With the supervision of my dad, I attempted to change my tire this evening, as I was too exhausted to actually ride but I felt my bike was in dire need of attention. Today, was my first attempt after watching Rob from Caps South Shore do it. I was able to get it off no problem, the putting it back on was the more difficult part.

My dad was on hand to make sure I didn't screw anything up and to make sure I did everything in the right order. The hardest part was the last couple of steps which were making sure the beading was even (the tire was centered all the way around the rim) and to fully inflate the tire. My little hand pump is going to force me to build up my guns to get enough pressure into my tires. Hopefully, I won't be fixing a flat too often on the road because 90% of the time it takes me to do so well be spent pumping up my tires.

I didn't time myself but I feel it took me way longer than it should have. Oh well, it was just my first attempt, things will only get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment