Thursday, March 10, 2011

100 DAYS

There are now 100 days left before I begin the most amazing journey of life. There are still so many things left to do and I am not at all prepared to leave my friends, family, and my country to ride my bicycle for 4.5 weeks in a foreign country on an entirely different continent. 

There is still so much fundraising to do with my pub night coming up, I still have some shirts left, and I have to plan future fundraisers.

I have not yet acquired all my gear for the trip or figured out what I am taking with me or how much I will be able to carry on my bike.

I am more than a month into my training but feel like I have made little or no progress. I am hoping the weather gets a little nicer, so I can actually hit the road instead of riding in my apartment. Being inside is just not the same. 

With the ride itself, there is still a lot of planning to do. Organizing accomadations, planning routes, and even meeting some of the other riders, which I have yet to do. 

And there is always the other factors of school, work, and soccer. Work has been good, it gives me a short break from worrying about school and the ride. School on the other hand has added a whole lot of unwanted stress. I have finished the first round of midterms rather successfully, but now comes presentations, papers, the second round of midterms, and then shortly after final exams. Soccer has always been a good outlet for me to get away from reality and just enjoy a few hours doing something I love and forgetting about everything else.

I am very thankful for all the support I have received from friends and family over the last few months. This all would not be possible without them.





 Photo by Colin Gilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment