Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Pub Night in Review

Sorry about such a delayed post regarding my first pub night as I know everyone who was unable to attend is dying to hear how well it went. It was a very tightly scheduled last couple of days that have caused a slight decline in amount of sleep, but never the less here I am at my computer with the latest update.

Tuesday, January 18 was the night of my first fundraising event. I hosted an evening of food, hockey, and raffle ticket selling at the Dublin Crossing in Surrey. My event took over the entire upper level. There was a minor setback at the beginning of the night as they apparently had lost the remotes to change the input on the TV's to get the game on. We are able to rectify the problem by using the buttons on the TV itself to change the input. Once 6pm hit people started to arrive and of course the tables closest to the TV's were filled first as most in attendance were Canucks fans.

I sold raffle tickets throughout the night raising over $300 just from the raffle alone. I had 9 prizes, all donated, meaning all the money I raised goes directly to Global Agents instead of paying off costs.

Prizes included:

Two pairs of Vancouver Giants - Donated by the Vancouver Giants
60 Minute Tanning Package for Island Tanning - Donated by Island Tanning
Set of Six Glass Starbucks Mugs - Donated by Starbucks
Gift Basket of Kitchen/Food Items - Donated by Marion Chow
Two $50.00 Gift Certificates to Aaron's Restaurant - Donated by SBAA Ajax Selects
Gift Bag of Beauty Supplies - Donated by Shoppers Drug Mart
Quilted Micro Mink Throw - Donated by my parents

It was a very busy night for me, selling tickets, catching up with friends, explaining ride and how I got involved. I didn't get a chance to eat my burger until around 9 pm, but it was worth the wait. The burger was delicous and had a unique spice to give a wondrous flavor.

Once the game ended, sadly the Canucks lost, I drew tickets for the raffle prizes. I had my good friend Jenny pull tickets and announce the numbers as I knew her voice would be able to project a lot farther than mine. I must admit she had some pretty entertaining commentary when announcing what each prize was.

Combining raffle ticket sales and pub ticket sales I raised over $700. Not bad for one night.

Thank you to all the people that attended and to all the people who have supported me so far in my journey to raise $2500.

I look forward to seeing you all at my next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment